Sunday, June 8, 2008

Some yarn....

So, while in NY we did visit 3 yarn stores. The first was Black Sheep Knits where I purchased the Green/Blue Malabrigo. This will be a hat for my son for Christmas. (Good excuse for yarn purchase... Christmas presents, this can be used repeatedly).

We than went to another store on the north side of the island - really nice owner. There I purchased the purple and blue Malabrigo - a silk combination that is just heavenly. I am thinking about mittlets for my GF and myself. I also purchased a red/white/blue combo yarn that makes socks that look like flags. I am a BIG patriotic person, so I couldn't let that yarn languish. It has joined my sock stash (what a wonderful thing a sock stash is :) :) :) :)... ). Finally I picked up two skeins of worsted weight from Rupelstilskin Knits that I am going to use for a shrug. Its a light green color. I had them wound into pats, so I'll have to hold pics until I use it.


This yarn I picked up at shop #2. Its a very pretty baby yarn that I am using for a Baby Surprise Jacket. Yes this makes 3 or 4 that I've done up, but the pattern is so nice, its an enjoyable quick knit.


Quilt pictures to follow later this week. Along with pics of other FINISHED works.
Happy Monday
Karrie

5 comments:

KnittingMoose said...

That patriotic yarn sounds really cool...what is it?! What a neat idea for self-patterning yarn. :)

Danielle said...

Pretty yarns! The baby yarn will make a nice bsj :) And it's the perfect time of year to be patriotic, you'll need to post pics of that one when you knit it! Sounds neat-o for sure :)

Rachel said...

Yes, very pretty yarns indeed! Malabrigo is one of my favorite brands.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful FO photos! I fell in love with Malabrigo this weekend. I was at a trade show in Columbus, and wanted to take home all the silky merino I could see.

Leah said...

I love it all...and swoooon for the silky Malabrigo!