Monday night while I was trying to fall asleep, I laid in bed remembering things from my youth... like:
- "Fishing" with my brother in the driveway puddle, trying to hook leaves with a stick, string and paperclip.
- Walking home from school with friends.
- My kindergarten teacher using my "art" as an example of how not to color and being so embarrassed.
- Playing jump rope in first grade at recess.
- Kevin Duhonic "killing" the flowers on my dresses as he sat behind me.
- Learning about race related hate when I tried to include the boy who was being left out and he misinterpreted my actions.
- The people who touched your life growing up that you have no idea where they are, but will never forget: Bobby Harris, Carrie Gathawat, Kevin Duhonic, Joseph Stratmann, Ty Bittner, Miss Martigan.
The things that run through your mind when your suppose to be sleeping!