Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Little Of This And That & Thankful Thursday

In my past post (3 down) I was asked about the miniature socks I was making.

Pattern is a combination of one that comes with the Sock Blocker Key Chain http://www.thebellwether.biz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19_34&products_id=57 with a short row heel added.

Cast on 16 stitches in round
Work 5/6 or your choice rows of ribbing
Change to stockinette and work leg to desired length
Work 1/2 stitches (8) for short-row-heel
Continue in round until foot desired length
Decrease for toe
Bind Off

Basic pattern. If you require more info -- let me know.

I was also talking about making a Yarn Themed Christmas Tree next year. If you are a Rockin Socker, we received those tiny little yarn skeins "emergency" yarn. Wouldn't they be cute also on a tree as an ornament? So, for next Christmas I plan on gathering my little skeins, knitting miniature socks and hopefully miniature sweaters.

(I apologize to whomever I got the miniature sweater idea from. I tried to trace back and find your post so I could link to you but I couldn't find it. Please accept my apologies and if you let me know whose blog I saw the miniature sweaters in, I will link. Thank you)

By-the-by if someone could instruct me on how to hide an address when I link, that would be appreciated.

Oh, and is there any sheep/fiber festival in the Michigan/Ohio area that anyone knows of coming up?

On the Thankful Side...... the sun is shining, and January is almost over. Spring is only 2 months away!!

Happy Thursday - Karrie

5 comments:

Leah said...

I'm going to try some little socks and sweaters--it seems like a great way to use up the littlest yarn remnants! And I too am thankful that spring is only two months away...

KnittingMoose said...

Thanks for the info on the little sock! I think your knitting themed tree is a great idea, and yeah, those mini skeins would be the perfect addition.

Regarding hiding links...I'll email ya. :)

Danielle said...

I'm with ya about Jan. being almost over! Can't wait until spring is sprung myself lol ;) Don't worry, it took me forever to figure out how to hide links. Then one day I finally figured it out in a frustrating effort of tinkering around! I didn't think to ask for help like you.

leahsimone said...

You know, I just got the idea to make a tiny sock keychain for my Scavenger Hunt Spoilee, what d'you think?

And thanks for the lovely penny story--very inspirational--

L.

leslie said...

you can find the miniature sweaters on the Berroco website... heres the link:
http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/minutia/minutia.html

I've made several of them and they are loads of fun to do!