Sunday, July 1, 2007

Vacation Time Well Spent

Although summer has barely started we're off to a breakneck speed. We had friends visit from NY last week which was such a pleasure. About 4 yrs ago I encouraged my friend Joyce to start quilting, which is now a passion. In the last year I have let the quilting go in favor of knitting. While she was visiting, we visited the local quilt shops and I was inspired (again). SO...... following their visit while we were at the camper I accomplished:

These two quilt blocks from a current block-of-the-month (BOM) that I joined in Feb. More involved than my usual projects, each block takes about 3 hours to complete (cutting/sewing). I have 3 more that I am behind on but am very pleased with my progress.

I also worked on a BOM that I am behind on that started last August. This will be a scrappy quilt when complete. I finished 13 blocks while vacationing ... about 6 months worth of blocks that again I am behind.

Not to be left out, I also worked on some knitting. These are Duet's for me. I have just the knitchner stitch to finish.

Also worked on DH socks. They are agonizingly slow to come off the needles. One is complete and I have 4 inches to go.
So that's it in completion land so far.

No comments: