Monday, April 14, 2008

Thankful Thursday - For A Very Good Friend

This Thursday is dedicated to my friend Tiffany.

We have been friends now for over 10 years. Our friendship began the day I accosted her on the street (in front of my house) with a "don't our girls go to preschool together".

Our friendship has weathered blizzards to visit Walmart (what else are you to do on a snowy day with 4 kids)..... pea soup fog coming back from Shipshawana (that's in Indiana... I think), broken hearts (ours and the girls), 4 college degrees, vomiting children (that was a grocery store visit I would rather forget), and untold other "adventures".

Tiffany is a good sport and avid "along for the ride" type of gal. She doesn't knit but does tag along rather well. She has learned that knitty friends will knit for you if you buy the yarn and sometimes will even buy the yarn too (any excuse for yarn buying is a good excuse).

I have not convinced Tiff that she needs to knit ...... yet. I have high hopes that once she's finished with nursing school she will despair of filling all those extra hours and need to take up knitting. I keep making good arguments and she does enjoy feeling the wool.

Anyways, we had another yarn adventure today. I picked up some pink Lorna's Laces worsted weight for my ISE 6 pal. Some charcoal and maroon for a felted purse (for Tiff) and some pretty pink/green Panda for summer socks. I better get knitting!!!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

How nice to have such a wonderful friend!