Monday, March 19, 2007

ROCKIN SOCKS


They're done!!! They're beautiful! I love the way the color washes across - I wish the gray was more on the bottom and the brown and green on top - but not so much that I was going to rip them out!










The only problem is that they're thicker than my normal socks so I'll have to buy shoes to accomadate them..... ah well.









I did change the leg a little making it shorter than the pattern called for as I don't wear my socks high up the leg, more around the ankle.
Now only 4 or 6 weeks more till the next shipment.
I'll just have to work on the pink ones I started, the 2 skeins of yarn waiting, the baby outfits, or any one of the 20 quilts I have started. Too many projects, TOO LITTLE TIME...


9 comments:

Kay-From the Back Yard said...

So good to see your STR socks. Mine are pooling in much the same way, only the brown and green is on the instep. See: my blog

Anonymous said...

Lovely socks! Mine pooled the same way. I like the shorter leg, looks nice :)

Agility Muse said...

They're gorgeous! Did you have to change needle size for the leg?

Maxly said...

They are beautiful! I really like your short version.

Terri said...

They are beautiful AND you are not alone.

Pat said...

Now that was a nice link! You are going to be a blogging professional soon!
Your socks look great! - I love to see the different pooling/ striping/ swirling patterns everyone is getting.
20 quilts??? I thought I was bad!

bonitapita said...

I like your shorter legs. Very cute and sassy! Great job!

Beth said...

Love your socks! I'm almost at the heel of mine. The foot ended up striping rather than pooling. I think both ways look great. I'm interested to see what the leg is going to do.

Happy blogging!

Mandy Petersen said...

Yay! Good job. Mine haven't pooled at all, strangely. They have striped. I wonder what I'm doing wrong?