Thursday, February 28, 2008
I love my knitting, but I'm tired of knitting.
I am interested in sewing again (see bag addiction), but I can't get myself downstairs to sew.
My house is a disaster and yet I walk from room to room stating "what a mess" without doing anything about it.
Just can't put a name to my ..... melancholy? slump? disinterest?
What does this have to do with Thankful Thursday? Nothing
Thank you God...
the promise of 40 degree days next week
friends that listen when I don't have anything to say
the gifts that you have bestowed on me that keep my hands busy
for the never ending promise of tomorrow.
Happy Thursday - Karrie
Sunday, February 24, 2008
This weeks Thankful Thursday is dedicated to Paula, my "Scavenger Hunt Swap" upstream pal.
My package arrived Friday and I waited until Sunday when I was home to open it. First of all it came with kitty kat packaging tape - way cool.
When I opened it up WOW - it was soooo pretty inside that I just sat and knitted while looking down for about an hour enjoying how pretty it was! Than, wanting to enjoy it that much longer, I finally opened 1 item - the "Something Local".
This bag is beautiful!!! I was so enthused that after looking at how it was constructed (you can always tell a sewer, they check out construction). I than though of Tricia and that she would probably like it too. So I had to hop up right away and start my posting for the week.
(by the way, Paula has written out all the instructions, visit her at her blog
and look, I did the linky thingy TWICE)
So, today I am miserable (feeling icky) so I decided to make myself feel better by opening the rest of the box......oooohhhhhh
Paula sent me
- * some short sock needles, which I've been eyeing to purchase myself.
- * A cute "black sheep" tape measure, which I've wanted but won't buy myself (funny the things we will and won't purchase sometimes isn't it).
- * Some of my favorite chocolate and the cutest "Green" choc frog.
*A really cute pair of "french fry" stitch markers (which I will take a pic of but I want to get this posted)
* And THIS beautiful skein of yarn. In Blue (imagine, me and blue) 450 beautiful yards of "Smooshy" goodness... I might be able to get 2 pair of summer socks out of it, we'll see.
So, in other news, since its taken me a week to get this up - finished ACLS class this weekend. One of those things required my job, but something that I really never use (I have a Dr. in the ER at all times, I will never do 90% of what they teach). So every time I have to recert (2 yrs) it is very stressful and it is only done on days... yes I was up at 6am 2 days in a row. I did pass, thank God - and I did repeatedly, and I have now taken my nap.
Chat soon all - btw, its teasing spring - 40 degrees and sunny.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
1. I was married at 19 to someone 25 yrs my senior who I consider my soul mate. I loved him when I married him and when I divorced him. I still do.
2. We watch M*A*S*H everyday. Have it on VHS and DVD and can recite most of the dialouge.
3. I don't miss not having cable tv - at all.
4. I have lived in Norfolk, VA, Long Island, NY and Michigan (born and raised). When my children graduate, I'm ready to move again.
5. Other than 2 brief periods of depression - I am an eternal optimist.
6. Since babies I have told my children I love you more than the stars in the sky and the fishies in the ocean minus one (God is first).
7. I would rather work an extra day and hire a maid than have to clean the house.
OK, if interested tag yourself ;) K
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Well for starters I've been making some stitch markers. I found markers were very necessary when making the BSJ by EZ.
This is a pair of socks done by request. Lorna's Laces, Denim - really liked the striping. Tried a 3 x 1 ribbing on the top of the foot and plain stockinette on bottom, short row toe and heal.
Not sure how these pics are going to fall, so you will just have to follow along. I actually worked on some sewing lately (a very small amount) and finnished this valentine hanging PRIOR to Valentines Day!
The sweater is my first ever! I found a quick crochet pattern which wasn't too bad. The only problem is that I forgot that while I knit pretty true to guage I don't crochet anywhere close to guage. Outtake is this is too small for me, but does fit my daughter nicely... not that she'd ever be caught in it. I am encouraged though to try another sweater here in the near future
Lastly, my January STR in Dragon Dance. This is what got me started on the whole "Puff" thing. Puff was the special word inside my ball band. These started out for Josh, but his feet are now mans feet so I will shortly be starting another yarn in this pattern. I told him that the pattern was of dragon scales, a very manly thing instead of the lace it truely is. He's happy!
And if there are misspellings, I apologize... I figured out the linky thing and somehow disabeled my spell check.
Happy Spring Thoughts - Karrie
Monday, February 4, 2008
(I finally got the linky thingy to work!!!)
I found it extremely interesting and moving.
In other news, I was offered full time today. It's been 11 years since I've "officially" worked full time. So as of April, I will be adding one day to my schedule (going to 6/14 instead of 5/14).
I'm off again as of Thurs, so check back for FO's and pics towards end of the week.
Happy Spring Thoughts